Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ensley's first Razorback Game!!!!

What a fun weekend we had in Fayetteville for Ensley's first Razorback game (Georgia)!!! It was a fun family trip to Mama and Dada's old stomping grounds (and hopefully Ensley's one day too!!!).
We got in late Friday night and ate at Hermans, then on Saturday, Dada played golf with Jmac and Uncle Scott at Blessings (beautiful!), and Ensley and I headed to Bella Vista to see The Wilkinsons. The girls, Noelle, Lila, and Ensley had so much fun together and Keri and I can't wait til they are all THREE in the Tri-Delt house, (each a year apart:)!
After that, we stopped by Aunt Virginia and Uncle Morgan's new condo, it's beautiful! Then ate at one of our favorite spots, the Mellow Mushroom (more restaurants should have build-your-own-salads!!!).
We actually tailgated before the game, something I have never done...sad isn't it!?!? We had a great time seeing so many people we hadn't seen in forever and thank the Collins (all of them!) for letting us hang out at your fun tailgate!!
Ensley fell asleep in the first quarter(she hadn't felt well and was running a low fever, and didn't take a very long nap--too much excitement!), but she did get a good look at everything (I think!?) before. (I walked from one end of the stadium with Ensley--asleep in one arm, and about 25 lbs of bags in the other to find GrandJan so we could head back to the tailgate. My feet hurt. No more cute, tall shoes to games!! I'd worn them before to a game, but not with an extra 50lbs!!)
GJ and Pop were scheduled to baby-sit while Ryan and I went out Friday night, but I literally couldn't move, I wanted to be back in the hotel room in my Pj's!! (We stayed at the Staybridge Suites by the baseball stadium---LOVED it!!! Perfect for us!!) So, Ryan went out for the both of us and I stayed with GJ, Pop, and E. I'm glad I didn't go out b/c Ensley woke up early early Sun am with 103 fever--I panicked!!! Called the doc and got her fever down for the most part, but took her in on Monday am. She had tonsillitis (they didn't use that term, but I saw her tonsil and it was huge and red with lots of white stuff on it!). She started an antibiotic and stayed home for 2 days until her fever had been gone for 24 hours. She developed a small rash on her belly Tuesday and I just associated it with an allergic reaction to some new detergent, and also b/c I called the doc and that's what they said it probably was...Weds she went to NiNi's and Niki called me around 10saying her rash was really bad (I had JUST driven into Poplar Bluff, MO...made one call then turned around and came home). I was thinking she had the measles and contemplating what we would do if she had given it to everyone at school--I was trying to come up with a neat "I'm sorry" gift for the parents!. When I picked her up, I KNEW it was the measles!!! She looked AWFUL!!! Measly-like-bumps EVERYWHERE, and so much worse that 3 hours before when Ryan took her. We went straight to the doctor...diagnosis--Roseola, a measles-like rash that develops AFTER a fever has broken, so luckily she wasn't contagious!!!




























<





1 comment:

Evan Ray Canode said...

HEY! IT'S MICHELLE (FAWCETT) CANODE... IT WAS SO GOOD TO SEE YOU AT THE GAME! YOUR LITTLE GIRL IS A DOLL! YOUR BLOG IS JUST AS CUTE. I JUST FOUND YOURS AND WILL ADD IT TO MY CONTACT LIST! TELL YOUR SISTER I SAID HELLO!