Friday, October 16, 2009

TEE TEE in the Potty!!!!!!!!!!


Ok, so I know Ensley is only 15 months old, but 9 times out of 10 she will tee tee in the floor before we get in the bathtub, soooooo I started putting her on the big potty before we got in the bath. She thought it was fun, but never went. We have always explained to her what Mama or Dada were doing in the potty (Tee Tee or Shooey Shooey...hope I'm not grossing anyone out!?!), and she is always very curious.
I was in Wal Mart a few weeks ago and thought, well I've got to get one soon anyway, so I bought her a cute princess singing potty. On Sat Oct 3rd, I was trying to get ready to go out to dinner with some friends and nothing would occupy her time so I got out the potty---and she loved it. She took off her pants then took off her "Diedy" and was sitting on and off the potty, looking at it, etc, just getting used to it. I was rushing around and all of a sudden I hear it singing!!! She had tee-teed in the potty!!!! (and allover and around the potty!!) I started clapping and saying YAY!! So she clapped and then she stuck her hands in the potty---ewwwwwww. Ok, maybe it is too early, but she gets the most of the main concept!!!
The next day, she went poo-poo in and beside the potty...(what fun this is going to be!?!), then was about to play with it so I put the potty up until yesterday. We got it out so she could sit on it before her bathtime...she sat on it then got up, then sat back down and then it started singing again!!! YAY!!! Some in the potty, and some around the potty, but YAY!!!
I hope that easing into it like this will help down the road, we're certainly not forcing anything on her, just letting her get accustomed to it. Plus, she has been taking her diaper off for months and peeople have told us it's time to start training when they start doing that. It sure is an exciting new step in parenthood!! (and challenging I have heard!!)
She now claps when we go to the potty---ha!!
(She's going to kill me for this one day I know, but I'm a better blogger than baby-booker right now so I have to get these things posted to remember!!)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I must say I'm VERY impressed!! Great to see you guys at the game last weekend.