
We wanted to add something special in Ensley's Easter basket to represent what Good Friday and Easter are really about, so we got her a cross (pink of course!) to signify what Jesus did for us.
Friday night, we (Pop, Grandjan, Ryan, and me) all watched the Passion of the Christ, I was the only one who hadn't seen it. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it, but be prepared for a lot of emotions. It's not easy, it's very brutal, and definitely have some Kleenex handy, but it's a depiction of what our Jesus suffered for our benefit. It amazes me all that He went through--for us. To save us of our sins and transgressions and to give us eternal life in Heaven. The weight of the world was on Him and we are not worthy!! You can always read the story in the Bible, but Mel Gibson does a good job of portraying how awful the events were that happened on that gruesome day. I want to start a tradition of watching The Passion every Good Friday. This is a beautiful day and I am so thankful for all that Easter represents!! I hope everyone had a wonderful day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment