Friday, April 10, 2009
First trip to the ER...
My biggest fear since Ensley's arrival has been her falling off of our bed. It is a very tall bed and we have hard wood floors. I was on the bed with her playing...I looked up at the TV to admire how cute Reese Witherspoon is (literally 2 seconds) and I hear a crash. Oh my talk about panic!! Ryan seemed to think she was fine after observing her for a bit while I rushed around crazily getting ready to head to the ER. I just wanted to be safe so I took her on in(the doctor later told me I did the right thing by bringing her in--so when in doubt just go!!). She scared me on the way there b/c she went to sleep, but after we got checked in, she was waving and smiling at everyone in the ER. I was still worried. And of course I felt like a horrible HORRIBLE parent for letting that happen!! And I was right there!?!?! Anway, we got back to a room around 10 and ended up staying at the ER till 2am b/c it was a Saturday night, they were very busy, and E's condition wasn't bad, so we both just slept (at least we had a bed!). They did do an X-ray and we are so lucky, blessed, and thankful that all she had was a minor bruise on her skull, no fracture, no abrasion, nothing. Thank you God!! She is more resiliant than I give her credit for I guess! Everyone knows I am kind of a clutz and have had multiple trips to the ER--sorry mom and dad! I think E actually is my kid and may be a little clutzy like her mama, or maybe adventurous like both of us!?!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness!! Poor Ensley!! Glad to hear she is okay. And don't beat yourself up, accidents HAPPEN! Actually, I was watching my nieces last weekend with my mom and the 18 month old fell head first into the corner of the coffee table - and we were both right there but couldn't catch her time.
Post a Comment